Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Mad as a hatter?


So lately I've been somewhat busy with several new products and projects on the go. The biggest and most lengthy of which is converting the double garage into my own artist studio ( workshop and selling space). Following my Waste not want knot mantra we have been using preloved and repurposed materials as much as possible. My fabulous husband with the help of my handy Dad have installed french doors and a wonderful big picture window that lets in lots of natural light and views of the garden and local birdlife. Next up is adding the insulation and then the gibbing starts! Getting the studio finished is very distracting, but also exciting as I can't wait to have a well lit, orderly creative space!
This month I've been finishing the first of my vintage styled Cloche hats. I hand block each hat using vintage hat blocks, a steamer, some eco. friendly hat stiffener( not easy to find!) and 100% wool capelines/hoods. I'm looking forward to taking the hats to Kraftbomb at the end of this month for their big reveal and to get some feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment