Wednesday, October 27, 2010

For the love of a good old blanket

Today, I'm madly preparing for Craft 2.0
I'm slightly challenged trying to fit everything into my 22kg suitcase allowance and my carry on bag!
Recently I've been making new things out of a vintage blanket that came from my Great Aunt & Uncles spare room, it holds a few childhood memories for me, so I made some blanket bears, and then some great Owl hotwater bottle covers ( great for sending to the Northern hemisphere for Christmas pressies) and since the blanket is/was 100% wool I thought perhaps a few NZ Christmas decorations for homesick Kiwis. I was going to make little sheep, but changed my mind and made Kiwis ( perhaps some sheep will come later) ... So here is a little looksee at whats new from a good old NZ wool blanket

1 comment:

  1. I loved your stall. I bought an owl doorstop, a gorgeous pink and green one from you today and I just love it. I am quite a fan of your undercover tea cosies too and think I might have to buy one as a xmas present to myself in the next few weeks.