Wednesday, October 27, 2010

For the love of a good old blanket






Today, I'm madly preparing for Craft 2.0 http://www.craft2.org/blog/?p=4381
I'm slightly challenged trying to fit everything into my 22kg suitcase allowance and my carry on bag!
Recently I've been making new things out of a vintage blanket that came from my Great Aunt & Uncles spare room, it holds a few childhood memories for me, so I made some blanket bears, and then some great Owl hotwater bottle covers ( great for sending to the Northern hemisphere for Christmas pressies) and since the blanket is/was 100% wool I thought perhaps a few NZ Christmas decorations for homesick Kiwis. I was going to make little sheep, but changed my mind and made Kiwis ( perhaps some sheep will come later) ... So here is a little looksee at whats new from a good old NZ wool blanket

1 comment:

  1. I loved your stall. I bought an owl doorstop, a gorgeous pink and green one from you today and I just love it. I am quite a fan of your undercover tea cosies too and think I might have to buy one as a xmas present to myself in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete