Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I've had the concept for my new Owl zip purses sketched out in my notebook for quite some time. I recently made time to stop and draft out a pattern and work out how I wanted them to look. I really wanted to have some hand embroidery embellishments mixed in with some machine appliques ( saves time and means the finished product is not too expensive). I gathered up some pieces from my extensive  vintage blanket collections and started to play with the colours....

Each purse has a unique colourway and I've used vintage and retro mini  cotton prints for the linings. All the zippers I have used have come from my extensive collection of hoarded zips - Did I mention I  have thousands of previously unwanted zippers!

Heres a wee look at how the Owl Purses turned out...








You'll find the wee owl purses over in my felt store http://felt.co.nz/shop/zippitydoodah . They are the perfect size to fit in a handbag, and roomy enough to fit a cellphone or an ipod, or use it to store your cards and coins.


A wee reminder that I'll be at the following markets this June

Saturday June 16th  10 - 2pm Crafternoon Tea , New North rd, Kingsland, Auckland
Sunday June 24th 11am - 2pm KraftBomb, Greylynn Community Centre, Richmond Rd, Greylynn
Saturday 30th June 10 - 3pm Craft2.0 Chaffers Dock building - WELLINGTON 
Sunday 1st July 10 -2pm Devonport CraftMarket, Community House, Clarence st, Devonport.Auckland.

1 comment: